At Myeloma UK we are passionate and dedicated about what we do and have a relentless commitment to achieving our goals. We receive no government funding and rely almost entirely on voluntary donations and fundraising activities.
We raise funds in many different ways - these include submissions to grant-making trusts and other funders, major donors, sponsored events such as marathons, community fundraising, direct mail appeals and donor recruitment campaigns.
This donor charter has been produced to assure donors and potential donors of the accountability and integrity of Myeloma UK.
When you make or consider making a donation to Myeloma UK, we undertake that:
- All communications surrounding the donation will be honest, truthful and will comply with the law
- Your donation will be applied to the purpose for which it was originally requested or intended and as quickly as possible
- You will receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition, including, where applicable, progress reports on relevant activities
- Your name or contact details will not be passed onto any other organisation
- Your rights to privacy will be respected and you will not be subject to any type of pressure
- We will comply within the law relating to fundraising and the use of personal data as outlined by the Data Protection Act (1998)
- Fundraisers and all other Myeloma UK staff will strive to achieve the highest professional standards at all times
- We will respond to any concerns or feedback you have relating to these points, including any complaints