Registered as a charity in 1997, Myeloma UK is the only organisation in the UK focused on myeloma. We are helping myeloma patients live longer and with a better quality of life.
How? By accelerating the discovery and development and access to new treatments, while helping patients and their families cope with everything a diagnosis of myeloma brings.
We do this by:
- Funding a world-leading genetic research programme to discover and develop new “tailored” treatments
- Funding a groundbreaking Clinical Trial Network that gives patients access to new life-extending drugs
- Providing resources for healthcare professionals so that diagnosis is improved, best practice is shared and patients receive the best possible treatment and care
- Working in partnership with decision-makers to ensure the speedy approval of new drugs, and that the NHS provides the services patients and their families need
- Supporting patients and their families through a comprehensive range of services including our Myeloma Infoline and Patient and Family Infodays
We receive no government funding and rely on voluntary donations and fundraising activities; our administration and running costs are kept to an absolute minimum.