This Infosheet outlines a few things which will, we hope, make your trip as an AL amyloidosis patient safer and more enjoyable. This includes information on:
- What to do before you go on holiday – the letters and medicine you’ll need to take, any restrictions from other countries about medications
- Getting travel insurance, including a list of specialist travel insurance companies that provide travel insurance for
people with pre-existing medical conditions
- Travelling on long haul (and other) flights
- What to do while you are away – keeping hydrated, other food and drink concerns and sun protection and safety
- What you should think about and do on your return.