The 2 – 3 minute 3D animations have been developed for patients and their families to improve their understanding of myeloma.
The five animations are:
- The origins of the myeloma cell – explaining how a plasma cell turns into a myeloma cell (available here)
- High-dose therapy and stem cell transplantation – helping you to understand the different stages involved in this particular treatment option and the principles behind them (available here)
- Myeloma bone disease – describing how myeloma can affect the bone and what the possible consequences are (available here)
- Myeloma kidney disease – explaining how myeloma can damage the kidneys (available here)
- The effects of myeloma on the bone marrow – describing how myeloma stops the bone marrow from making red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets (available here)
Jude Leitch, Patient Information Specialist at Myeloma UK, said:
“These animations provide insight into a series of complex issues that will be of interest to anyone affected by myeloma.
“We are planning to develop more of these animations next year, so make sure you keep checking the Myeloma UK website and MTV for more information.”
All of the animations, alongside a range of other videos about myeloma, can be viewed on Myeloma TV here.