How do we produce our information?
Myeloma UK’s patient information is certified under the PIF TICK scheme. This means we are committed to producing high quality and trustworthy information.
The PIF TICK quality mark shows that our patient information goes through a professional and robust production process by trained staff. The information is based on reliable, up-to-date evidence and is written in plain English.
If you have comments or feedback you’d like to share about any of our publications, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We work with people affected by myeloma and healthcare professionals to produce our information. We are continually seeking to widen the reach and accessibility of our information, and to increase our understanding of the information needs of the whole myeloma community.
If you are affected by myeloma and could spare some time occasionally to help us develop our patient information, email us at email@example.com or phone us on 0131 557 3332 to find out more.
Below is a list of the key references we use to produce our information. If you would like to find out about the references used for specific Myeloma UK publications, please get in touch.
- Bird, J., et al., 2009. UK Myeloma Forum (UKMF) and Nordic Myeloma Study Group (NMSG): guidelines for the investigation of newly detected M‐proteins and the management of monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS). British Journal of Haematology, 147(1), pp.22-42
- Bird, J., et al., 2013. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of multiple myeloma 2013. British Journal of Haematology, 167, pp.131-133
- Caers, J., et al., 2018. Diagnosis, treatment, and response assessment in solitary plasmacytoma: updated recommendations from a European Expert Panel. Journal of Hematology and Oncology, 11(1), p.10.
- Caers, J., et al., 2018. European Myeloma Network recommendations on tools for the diagnosis and monitoring of multiple myeloma: what to use and when. Haematologica, 103(11), pp.1772-1784
- Cancer Research UK. 2017. Myeloma statistics. Cancer Research UK
- Chantry, A., et al., 2017. Guidelines for the use of imaging in the management of patients with myeloma. British Journal of Haematology. 178(3), pp.380-393
- Gillmore, J.D., et al., 2015. Guidelines on the diagnosis and investigation of AL amyloidosis. British Journal of Haematology, 168(2), pp.207-218
- Hillengass, J., et al., 2019. International myeloma working group consensus recommendations on imaging in monoclonal plasma cell disorders. Lancet Oncology, 20(6), pp.e302-e312
- Ludwig, H., et al., 2014. International Myeloma Working Group recommendations for global myeloma care. Leukemia, 28(5), pp.981-992
- Myeloma Academy. 2017. Nursing Best Practice Guides
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. 2016. Myeloma: diagnosis and management. NICE guideline (NG35)
- Rabin, N., et al., 2014. United Kingdom Myeloma Forum position statement on the use of consolidation and maintenance treatment in myeloma. International journal of Laboratory Hematology, 36(6), pp.665-675
- Rajkumar, S.V., et al., 2014. International Myeloma Working Group updated criteria for the diagnosis of multiple myeloma. The Lancet Oncology, 15(12), pp.e538-e548
- Rajkumar, S.V., et al., 2020. Multiple myeloma: 2020 update on diagnosis, risk-stratification and management. American Journal of Hematology. 95(5), pp.548-567.
- Sive, J., et al., 2021. Guidelines on the diagnosis, investigation and initial treatment of myeloma: a British Society for Haematology/UK Myeloma Forum Guideline. British Journal of Haematology, 193(2), pp.245-268.
- Snowden, J.A., et al., 2011. Guidelines for supportive care in multiple myeloma 2011. British journal of haematology, 154(1), pp.76-103
- Snowden, J.A., et al., 2017. Guidelines for screening and management of late and long‐term consequences of myeloma and its treatment. British Journal of Haematology, 176(6), pp.888-907
- van de Donk, N., et al., 2014. The clinical relevance and management of monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance and related disorders: recommendations from the European Myeloma Network. Haematologica, 99(6), pp.984-996
- Wechalekar, A.D., et al., 2015. Guidelines on the management of AL amyloidosis. British Journal of Haematology, 168(2), pp.186-206
About the PIF TICK
The PIF TICK (Trusted Information Creator) is administered by the Patient Information Forum, and is the UK-wide quality mark for health information.
Find out more about the PIF TICK on the PIF website.
Myeloma UK Disclaimer
We have made every effort to ensure our information is correct. We do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.