Funding call for research proposals into Early Diagnosis of Myeloma
Delayed diagnosis in myeloma patients is the largest unmet need in the disease:
- 31% of myeloma patients are diagnosed by an emergency route, many with multiple co-morbidities.
- 34% of myeloma patients visit their GP at least three times before getting a diagnosis.
- The median time from first symptoms to diagnosis is 163 days.
We seek applications for research projects which will address this and plan to invest up to £250K into two innovative and clearly defined research projects which either:
- Address the factors that cause late diagnosis of myeloma.
- Progress our knowledge of the development of myeloma with a view to screening at-risk individuals.
- Have the potential to impact the way myeloma is diagnosed.
We welcome novel proposals which learn from other areas of cancer research and benefit from cross-disciplinary approaches.
Date call opens: Wed 21st July 2021
Deadline date: 3pm on Thurs 30th Sept 2021
Maximum Funding per project: £250,000
If you would like to discuss your idea or application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the application form below and we advise you to read the Guidance for Applicants – 2021 Early Diagnosis.