We created the Health Services Research Programme to better understand the needs and experiences of myeloma patients, and their families. Through the information we’ve gathered we’ve helped shape how myeloma patients are treated and managed.
Several of the projects and studies have been the result of collaborations with experts or established organisations. Each document is designed to support healthcare professionals in their role caring for myeloma patients.
Our priority topics for HSR are:
- Improving myeloma diagnosis
- Quality-of-life and wellbeing
- Organisation and delivery of services and care
- Information and support needs
- Regulatory and HTA issues
- Piloting methodologies for capturing patient preferences
Myeloma patients can take part in future studies by joining our patient and carer research panel.