Bath Myeloma Support Group
Bath Myeloma Support Group is a very well attended group with around 40-50 patients and family members in regular attendance.
The Group is run by a small committee of patients and family members, including Denis Griffin, Phil Keeble and Sylvia Henderson, and they, alongside other committee members, work to provide a programme of meetings, social events and fundraising activities each year. The Group is also very well supported by the healthcare team at the Royal United Hospital. Meetings offer the opportunity to meet others and share experiences about living with myeloma and guest speakers are often invited to give talks on a variety of topics relating to myeloma. Anyone affected by myeloma is welcome to join this group.
Bath Myeloma Support Group usually meets from 6.00pm – 8.00pm on a Wednesday or Thursday of every other month, plus regular daytime meetings. At the moment, there are various Coffee Mornings that are taking place – please confirm dates and times of meetings with the Support Group Leader.
2022 Meeting Dates:
- Thursday 23 February at 10am
- Venue: Cumberwell Park Golf Club
- Friday 31 March at 7pm. Quiz night and raffle
- Venue: The Old Bear Staverton, Trowbridge, BA14 6PB
- Wednesday 6 May at 6pm
- Venue: Hybrid meeting at Timbrell’s Yard, 49 St Margret’s Street, Bradford on Avon, BA15 1DE (and Zoom)
- Speaker: Sir David Hempleman-Adams
- Saturday 17 June at 10.30am. Sponsored walk for Myeloma UK
- Monday 12 July at 12.30pm. Picnic
- Venue: Great Chalfield Manor and Garden
- Monday 4 September at 5.30pm. Virtual meeting on Zoom
- Speaker: Dr Kevin Boyd, Consultant Haematologist from the Royal Marsden Hospital – myeloma update
- Wednesday 4 or 11 October (TBC). Venue: Timbrell’s Yard, 49 St. Margret’s St, Bradford on Avon, BA15 1DE – wine tasting social event
- Wednesday 20 December at 12.30pm. Venue: Cumberwell Park Golf Club – Christmas lunch
Venue & Parking Information
The Oasis Centre is building E6 on the map: https://www.ruh.nhs.uk/finding/maps.asp#o The nearest hospital car park is P2.
Oasis Centre Boardroom RUH Bath Combe Park
Bath BA1 3NG
Link to Google Maps
T: 01225 428 331
Support Group Leader
Stay in touch
We’d love to stay in touch. Join our mailing list to receive updates from Myeloma UK including our monthly newsletter and updates about our services, research, campaigns and other ways you can get involved.